Pages

Monday, April 6, 2015

"D" Word Conclusion

Good Morning and Happy Monday :)
 
If you're like me and you made a Dunkin coffee stop, you have a prayer of that at least happening till lunch time when you will absolutely have a caffeine crash! But until then....WOOOOOO!
 
Alright, so Friday was the last day of my 4 week jump start diet, if you didn't read the first post about this, and you want to know which plan I followed, you can check that out here. My total weight loss is 5.7lbs, which after four weeks isn't exactly exciting, but there is a lot to consider here.
 
First off, before this diet, I was feeling pretty crappy in the GI sense. I was feeling uncomfortably full after almost every meal (large or small) I was having really bad reflux and had an episode of abdominal pain intense enough for me to see a GI doctor and schedule a hida scan to check my gallbladder. Since starting this diet, I have not had the overly full feeling at all, my reflux is minimal and I haven't had any more pains like I did before seeing the Dr. I have been feeling so good that I considered cancelling my hida scan later this month, but because I have a very strong family history of gallbladder issues, I am still going to do it. For this alone, I feel like the diet was absolutely worth it. I do a lot of reading and listening to podcasts on my way to work, and I feel like I have a pretty broad idea of what a healthy diet looks like, but lets face it, there are so many opinions on this particular subject, sometimes it can be confusing and/or overwhelming. To me, this diet is common sense and basic, but it's structured and doesn't give you the option of too many choices, which for some is a drawback, but for me, made it easier. If for nothing more than to get your digestive system back on track, it's more than worth it.

Secondly, without realizing it, you are getting used to eating smaller portions, more often. I am a snacker, so this isn't a huge change for me, but the content was much improved. I never felt hungry while doing this diet. I do believe that to keep your metabolism running at full capacity you need to fuel it, and this diet does that. 

Lastly, I haven't been craving sugar nearly as much as I was in the first few weeks of this. I believe this is because I have definitely decreased my sugar intake. When you eat sugar, your body releases insulin which stimulates your cells to soak up the sugar and convert it to energy, any excess sugar is converted to fat tissue. So, by decreasing the sugar you ingest, your making your body function like it was intended, and you will certainly feel less sugar cravings after time.  

From here, I am going to continue eating a diet very close to what I have been doing for the past four weeks, with a little more variety. I am definitely going to stick to the overall structure though, and try to improve my weekends, which were sprinkled with cheats :) I decided to write about this on the blog, to keep myself accountable, but I hope it proves to be useful to someone else trying to make some improvements to their overall health.

Have a wonderful week!
A.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment