Pages

Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Norah's First Movie Theater Experience


First of all, has anyone seen the new Incredibles 2 movie? What on earth was up with the weird little movie short in the beginning? I looked at Norah when she ate the ungrateful little dumpling and she looked as confused as I felt! If you have no idea what I am talking about, go see the movie and you still will have no idea what's going on. 
Image result for dumpling movie short

So Saturday was a busy day. We started the day off meeting some good friends for brunch at The Pub, which is always a good time with great food. I have never ordered chicken and waffles before, just not my typical jam, but I got them, and it was everything my pregnant self needed, sweet, salty, crunchy and fluffy! We ate and then walked around the mall for a bit. Somehow we ended up in the Disney store and Chase being a big softy bought Norah a "Sully" stuffed animal. As you will see in the pics, he came along for our little adventure. Our friends left for the Luke Bryan concert, and we headed to the movies. 
Once we got to our seats, the previews started. Norah was just sort of staring at the screen wide eyed, as the previews for "How to Train Your Dragon 3," "The Grinch," "Bumblebee" and "Wreck it Ralph" played. I don't think she knew what to make of it. But soon our movie started and she already loves the first Incredibles so we assumed she would like this one as well, and she did. There was only a short time in the middle of the movie when she started to get squirmy and Chase and I looked at each other with the "here we go" face, but she settled back in and watched the movie all the way through. After the movie, she was pretty amped, but not about The Incredibles, she was asking about the "big robot" AKA Bumblebee the transformer. For whatever reason that stuck with her, so much so that now next to her basket full of monkeys and her horse, Spirit, there is a bright yellow Autobot. Not so secretly Chase is thrilled that our two and a half year old loves a transformer, and I'm not mad about it either. All in all it was a hot, busy and awesome day that I wouldn't trade for the world. These Thornton trio adventures are coming to an end soon with Nolan about to make his entrance, and while I am absolutely thrilled to be the Thorquad soon, I find myself really trying to soak up all of the time I have with just the three of us. 
I hope you all had a restful, fun weekend, it's Tuesday now, so we are only three days out from another one. Hallelujah!

A.


Two weirdo peas in a pod

Love this little gremlin

Thornton Trio

Excuse the dazed look and crazy hair, I caught her off guard with the flash, like only an embarrassing mom can do, and it was HOT

Not quite sure about this whole movie thing just yet

Where's Norah?

Norah and her bestie "Silly" and don't try to correct her ;)

Hyppo Pops to end a great day!


1 comment: