Pages

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

How to turn a bad day around....right round baby right round, like a record......



Ok, so here goes......I am having a bad day! Like really bad, like I woke up on the wrong side of 100 beds! This is the kicker....I have no idea why, and no legit reason behind it...From the minute I got behind the wheel of my car and started my looong annoying drive to work I felt super irritable and just shittay! I mean I passed a guy doing 45 mph in a 60 mph zone and for a split second I was wishing him a very terrible and painful death...WHOA I know right?! What is with that! Once I got to work, I was no better, every patient I have had today has grated on my last nerve and has made me do at least 47 figurative eye rolls, luckily, I have the ability to still treat my patients nicely and give them the quality of exam they deserve, but damn I have been having some terrible internal dialogue. So naturally I figured blogging all about my misery would help maybe spread it around and alleviate some of it..Just kidding, there is an actual purpose to this post, beyond me spitting mad negativity at ALL of my loyal readers....no sarcasm there at all :) The purpose of this post is to turn around my mood and therefore the day! How you ask? Well, I am going to begrudgingly leave my pity party and head towards the light. I'm going to share some things with you lately that I deem rave-worthy!
First up: This Bra
Let me give you some background on the bra sitch. I am, or rather was a devout Victoria's Secret bra lover, but ya know what? Not no mo! Maybe this is a freak thing, but the last few items I purchased from victoriassecret.com have been a huge disappointment. They look and feel cheaply made, and the bras that I used to love like some may a small child, well they just aren't comfortable anymore, at all! This is after multiple different size and style changes. The underwire pops out after a short time and they just aren't working. Now, having said all this, I will still wear the sexier bras that I have for well sexier times, but for the every day, this bra, the Simply Perfect by Warner's Women's Invisible Wireless Bra is where its at! No annoying riding up or down, no plastic size adjuster's and underwire stabbing and poking me, and its a fraction of the cost (don't ask me what fraction, math is the devil) The straps are not adjustable which for some might be a problem, but for me they are the perfect length. I am a 36C and I have plenty of support and lift in this bra. It feels like a more comfortable, slightly sexier sports bra (men all over the world roll their eyes!) haha yea so it's not exactly racy, but girls, do it, just go to target and buy one and I bet you love it!
Next, this mascara
Now, again there's a back story. When I am wanting to look like I have false lashes on, without the pain and drama of stabbing my eyes with tweezers and sealing them shut with lash glue, I use this mascara
But, this mascara comes with a price and its approximately 2 lashes. Every time I use this, I lose a few lashes trying to remove it (slight exaggeration) but still it's a pain in the butt to get off and it is hard on your lashes, so again for the every day I love the Cover Girl lash blast. I use the plain 'ole jane one, not the waterproof or 24 hour one, because lashes can only handle so much and why do you need 24 hours of mascara? Give your face a break people and this includes the tiny hairs above and below your eyeballs. I love this mascara because it washes off easily, but it doesn't move during the day, I don't have that weird third set of lashes on my brow bone where it rubs off throughout the day and I don't have flakes of mascara under my eyes. It's just good stuff.

Last is my new favorite salad dressing.
It isn't store bought it's homemade and it's the literally the most simple thing in the world.
It's:
Olive oil
lemon juice
red pepper flakes
garlic salt
pressed garlic
This is the dressing for a bean salad that I made for my lunches this week, but I have already tried it on a normal salad and it's prefect, it's tart and refreshing and best of all, it contains no Franken-oils (canola & vegetable) I could literally write a whole post on that, but it might bring out the crabbiness again but if you feel like reading about it, you can do that here and here. The bean salad recipe is here and my only comment about that is make sure your onion is a VERY small one, otherwise you will be tasting it for days! As far the amount it's really up to you, I usually do almost a 1:1 ratio with oil to lemon and then a smidge of garlic salt and teaspoon of red pepper and 2-3 cloves pressed. Enjoy!

See, it worked! I am now smiling and day-dreaming about salad dressing, perfectly fitting bras and glorious lashes! If you're rsvp-ing to a pity party, instead sit down and think of things that make you smile and I guarantee you will shred your invitation and turn around your day...like a record baby! (sorry I listened to 80's cardio pandora again yesterday)
Happy Tuesday Folks! It's half way over!
A.

3 comments:

  1. You make me laugh (in a good way)! Great post, and i'm so glad you turned your mood around, right, right round.
    Do you think its the wand part of the mascara or the mascara goop that makes each kind different? I miss my favorite "Last Stylst" mascara. It was the best, I dont know why they quit making it. :( when I run out of what im using now, I will try your fave. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lemons!!! Yes 100 times yes! I am loving them lately!! And thank you!

    ReplyDelete