Pages

Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Turkey Day Is Almost Here!


So, I am sitting here at work, giddily writing this post because Thanksgiving is tomorrow! I can't believe it's here! All year I wait for this time of year, because clearly it's my favorite. It's chilly outside, the house is decorated for the holidays (yes we are those sick people who decorate before Thanksgiving) and now I am just waiting for tomorrow to have our family over for our second annual Thornton Thanksgiving Breakfeast. I am trying a few new breakfast recipes this Thanksgiving and hopefully they turn out as delicious as they look. The first is from the Ree Drummond aka "The Pioneer Woman." It's called the "Sleepin in omelette," and it looks glorious! One and a half sticks of butter...need I say more?
DSC_0003_5134
Onion roll meets butter who hooks up with cream cheese and has a baby made of eggs and chives..weird analogy...yes! But seriously doesn't this look good? Best of all it's a make the night before kind of recipe which is my favorite!
Next up is the cinnamon rolls. I only make these twice a year and the first is for Thanksgiving morning. They are a tad labor intensive which is why they don't happen often, well that and I am afraid of what would happen to me if I ate these more than twice a year. They are decadent! The recipe I most often use is from the queen of sweets herself, Paula Deen.

Next on the menu is what I call breakfast potatoes, the first time I made these I followed this tutorial, but since the stove and my cast iron skillet will be in use, I am going to attempt these in the crock pot, wish me luck!
For our fruit, Chase is making "Breakfast Strawberries." The recipe for that is here.
Bacon will certainly be in attendance as will mimosas and other yummy breakfast beverages (maybe even egg nog spiked with maple whiskey) ;)

This is our family's tradition, I hope whatever yours is, it is filled with warm memories, lots of great food, laughs and time with the ones you love.
Happy Thanksgiving Eve!
A.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment