Pages

Friday, November 14, 2014

My Talented Mama

This is a garden flag that my very creative and talented mom made for me and Chase. Super freakin cute right? My mom is probably the most naturally creative person I know, and who I attribute my small amount of craftiness to. This kind of stuff makes me love the holidays even more because it's such a big part of starting traditions. I love unpacking Christmas decorations and seeing things that I have seen every year for 30 years and remembering the stories that are associated with them. Reminds me that there isn't much that's more important than family and the traditions you start with them. What are some of your favorite holiday traditions?
A.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE that flag! Your mom is awesome.
    I agree 110% about your reflections on Christmas, traditions, and family time. We have lots of traditions, too, and the holidays wouldn't be the same without them. My parent's Christmas tree is always trimmed with the same decorations and my favorite is a yarn-stiched-mailbox things that has a door that opens and a flag! When I was little I would carry it around and put my "Reebeetoes" inside (thats what I called Cheerios). So, every year, when I get to hang it on the tree, I fill it with Reebeetoes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your "Reebeetoes" memory! Makes you wonder what funny little things our future kids will do or remember when they are older...

    ReplyDelete