Pages

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

And.....we're back!

Well friends...it's been a little while, but we are back! I would make some kind of general comment about how planning a wedding is mentally draining and all consuming...but wait I just did..sooooo moving right along...

Trying a new "diet." I know, as soon as you read that it's like "Hello Amanda, I thought your new years resolution was to stop using foul language, like the "D" word, but people lets call it what it is...
I know exactly what the word diet means to me which is strife and anguish, but I looked up the actual definition and it's actually funnier than you would think.
      Ok so the noun "diet" means "the kinds of food that a person, animal or community eat" harmless right? For instance, (A typical zombie's diet consists of humans, specifically brains)
      Now here is where the humor comes in. Verb "diet" means "restrict oneself to small amounts or special kinds of foods in order to lose weight" For instance, (Dieting makes me want to become a zombie and eat my own brains) Seriously!
      So let's break this down:
Reasons why I feel the need to "diet"
   *Health
   *Self-esteem
   *Temporary Insanity (kidding..maybe)

Health: I would say overall I am a pretty healthy person, but I know that if I could just get my shhhh together and lose some weight I would feel even healthier. Also working in health care will definitely show you that you have nothing if you don't have your health, therefore I feel like it's time to start some lifelong habits and maybe save my grey-haired future self some grief.

Self-Esteem: This one is easy. I look in the mirror or at pics of myself and I am not happy with what I see, so time to seriously make a change. It's not fun when you don't feel good in your own skin and also not just for you, but the people around you have to hear about it too and well thats just annoying, and I don't wanna be that person, so I will diet.... :( I mean...yay! :) haha

"The Plan"
Chase and I started back at the gym, and are trying to stick with it Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Nothing special, just the good old fashioned cardio and weights. Light weights in my case. I would say it's to gain lean muscle and it is, but also because I am kind of weak lol
   Far as the "D" word, I am trying to stick to the meal plan that I found on instagram via @INSTAFEMMEFITNESS and you can find out more here. It is not expensive, I think I paid $10 or so for the "Four Weeks to Fit" pdf for my ipad. Basically it is lean protein, healthy grains (controversial I know) fruits and vegetables and lots of water. Seriously it is common sense, but if you're like me and you just need some structure in your life then just do it. Apparently, a healthy portion is a little smaller than I thought...;-/

Sample: "snack" sliced turkey and 1/2 avocado on gluten free bread

So far it's been a day and a half, waaaayyyyy early for any kind of true retrospection, but here's what I am experiencing thus far. I am not hungry. I am craving salt and sugar. I don't like lunch meat. I hate eating the same thing every day for a week. My stomach feels 100% better in the sense that I don't feel bloated or miserable after meals. I slept better last night than I have in a long time (this could be a fluke but I will let you know) Have not noticed any changes in my energy yet. Have not noticed any changes in my reflux yet.

Finally, why am I writing this on the blog? To whine? To vent? Yes! & Yes! But most importantly, accountability people! I don't want to disappoint all my followers...Ok Mom and Lindsey? :)
 
Happy Tuesday
A.
 

2 comments:

  1. I am so happy you're back on the blog; I have missed you, even though I see you all week and text you pretty much daily!
    Dieting sucks, but its easier to do when you have a partner. I'm happy to be your partner at work, and you're so lucky to have such a supporting husband-partner at home. We can do this!! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why thank you partner! It certainly does make it easier to know someone else is suffering with me :) Let's see how saturday goes...weekends will be trickier I think.

    ReplyDelete