Pages

Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Next. Big. Thing.

So this has sort of turned into a new tradition. By tradition I mean we have gone one other time the year before last....But still a tradition is what you say it is and I hearby declare...TRADITION! For any of you who don't know what next big thing is...I'm sorry...just kidding...it's a bunch of bands that are up and coming..mixed with a few who have already hit it big, and it's just a day full of awesome (and sometimes not so awesome, but mostly awesome) music, food, booze, free crap and fun! Oh and a literal shit ton (sorry mom) of porto-potties...seriously there was a mile long row of them..not that I'm complaining.
 
The Lineup:
Young Rising Sons
Bear Hands
Big Data
J. Roddy Walston & the Business
New Politics
The Dirty Heads
alt-J
Young the Giant (best band ever)
Fallout Boy
 
Who we saw:
The Dirty Heads
alt-J (loved them...definitely unique sounding)
Young the Giant (AMAZE-BALLS)
Fallout Boy (what you would expect....terrific)
 
Here's a little photo journal of our day:
 
A little beer and food at my fave St Pete spot
Just Beer. Good salty beer, that's right I said salty...google the Gose beer...
 
Some smoked Mahi Mahi dip, it was delicious, says Chase, take his word..I am new at seafood
My sister-in-law Kara and her husband Bret
Yum just Yum!
Watch out for the local witches..
Why are there mirrors on the ceiling? Ooooh lets take a pic!
 
Pulled pork, it was meh..hate to say it, but I have had better..
Cheddar and Jalapeno grits...delish!
This little guy thought so too!
The Vinoy
Vinoy Park...it starts
Some idiots jumped in and these nice people are fishing them out..
Aww so nice and not disgustingly sweaty yet..
Cheese!
My favorite pic of the day!
Boy selfie..belfie!
Group selfie..gelfie!
YAY WE GOT FREE GLOWING STICKS
BEER
MORE BEER
 
AND EVEN MORE
Drop it...Drop it Chase..Good boy!
He looks like Beaker
 
That bitch.
Just Chase establishing boundaries...
 
I think it is safe to say that a good time was had by all..to many many more years and to The Next Big Thing :)
A.
 

 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment