Pages

Monday, June 18, 2018

Don't Call it a Comeback...

     So we meet again..me and this blog I mean. I am not sure if this will ever be a steady reliable thing, but I have come to accept this fact. I've also come to realize that I'm not sure where my head was at before, but this time around my purpose is clear. I want this blog to be a place I can come and look back on big and seemingly small things that happen in our lives. Call it a public journal or call it me desperately attempting to memorialize this short and fleeting time in our lives, just whatever you do, don't call it a comeback ;) 
    Lot's of big things going on in the soon to be "Thor-quad" these days, hence the need to put it on virtual paper. The newest Thornton, Nolan will be here sometime in September, Norah just moved into her big girl room and potty training is in full swing, to name a few things. This mom is full of excitement, hormones and reflux ;)
    Norah moved into her "big girl" room the Sunday before last, and that has definitely got me feelin trippy! The thought of my baby not being in a crib anymore put me over the edge. Add in the pregnancy hormones and there was a flood that night! I was so excited for her to make this big move and have her own little space that she can go and play in and have some independence, and yet at the same time I wanted to swaddle her 25 lb self and throw her back in the crib. It doesn't help that she took to her new bed like a complete champ, she has yet to get out of it until it's time to get up in the morning. She might as well be telling Chase and I that she's been accepted to the University of Alaska and she's leaving in a week. Gone are the days of rocking her (sometimes until she passed out in my arms) and a little piece of me shriveled up and died during this process. This is the exact reason why I need to write and let this be my outlet, otherwise there is a solid chance I will lock her up in the basement we don't have and never let her leave the "nest." Totes normal right? :)

Her first night in the big bed (insert obnoxious crying)

   I would call this the next big change, but to be honest we are at a complete standstill, so that doesn't seem like the right description. Potty Training..........we've been "in training" for approximately a year, and man once she does get it, she will be the best "pottier" this coast has ever seen! Are we ever going to cross the threshold and make it past training? Jury is definitely still out! I have a sneaking suspicion that being with three different people during the week is contributing to the stall in progress. Me, my mom and my MIL all have different approaches and despite trying to get on the same page, it's hard and I doubt it helps in this instance. We have about three months to get this down, because I refuse to have two in diapers. Last week a virus set us back a little, but this week, potty training is back on and we are gonna get this done! Any moms who might accidentally stumble across this and have some advice, I am all ears! (or eyes since this is a blog) :) 
    The next post will probably be some before pics of Nolan's nursery and some current pics of Norah's big girl room, and who knows what else. Maybe a "Yes!! WE CONQUERED THE POTTY" post, but lets not get too crazy :) Here's to a quick and painless work week and lots of poos and pees on the potty :)

A.
                                                           

1 comment: