Pages

Friday, June 3, 2016

2nd & 3rd Trimester Faves

Hello and happy Friday all!

Well by now you have waited, celebrated, puked and now you're sailing into the "honeymoon" trimester, formally known as the second trimester. Here are my 2nd and 3rd trimester faves...

These are all repeats that I mentioned in the "pre-pregnancy and first trimester faves," so if you want more info check out those posts. 

Repeat Faves: Water (drink lots!) prenatal vitamins, probiotics, DHAlotion. Those are all pretty straight forward and I just kept up with that little routine throughout my whole pregnancy and even after. 

1) Let's talk clothes....Now this might just be me, but once I got past the "am I just extra bloated and chubby or am I pregnant"  phase and really started showing, my motto was the tighter the better! :) It's the one time in a woman's life when having a belly is celebrated so why not live it up? 

-H&M- I love their maternity clothes! Chase and I went on vacation to St. Augustine and stopped at an outlet on the way that happened to have an H&M, and to my ultimate shock, they actually carried some maternity clothes in the store rather than only on their website. I bought a few of these t-shirts and they were definite staples for me. Soft, light, comfy and affordable! I also bought a dress that looks pretty much exactly like this, it was just in a different print. Fit perfectly and again was just very comfortable which is the name of the game in these next months. 

-Old navy- So if you ask any close friends or family members they will tell you that I wore these leggings ALL. TIME. TIME. They are cheap, comfortable, they match everything and if you're like me and you're absolutely anti wearing pj's in public, you will feel like such a rebel, because lets face it, these might as well be pj's. Also, their tank tops and t-shirts are cheap and comfortable as well. 

-Pink Blush Maternity- I'm not gonna post the exact items I bought from here because I doubt they still have the same exact things, but I will say that I bought a semi-flowy kimono like this one, and got lots of compliments on it. Bonus, I still wear it all the time! Bottom line, they have good prices and cute clothes.

-Macy's- I don't typically shop here, but I had a gift card and ended up finding maternity jeans that I loved, I believe they were these. Usually, they have pretty good deals going on, like buy one get one 50% off which is nice too. I never did end up buying any, but I heard nothing but good things about the Jessica Simpson brand jeans. 

-Rainbow flip flops- So not clothes per say, but I wore my good old rainbows more than any other shoe when I was pregnant and they never let me down. Always comfortable even when my feet would get swollen towards the end. Had to give them a proper shout out ;)

2) Mocktails! So when everyone is drinking their margarita's and cosmos (who actually drinks these??!) and you're just sitting there drinking your water like the good little prego you are, well it pretty much blows, so Chase came up with a mocktail for me and as stupid as it sounds, it did make me feel like I was having a nice refreshing little cocktail, sans alcohol. Here is the very complex and detailed recipe:

 1 super cute rocks glass like this
appx 8 oz ginger ale (i preferred top shelf, Vernors)
2-3 lime wedges squeezed and thrown in
1 oz imaginary vodka

There you have it! Mocktail bliss. It's all in the attitude and effort :)

3) Pre-natal Massage: My amazing in-laws bought me a gift card for a pre-natal massage, and it was UH-MOZ-ZING! Not much to say here other than if you can swing it, or you have really great in-laws, then definitely do it. Worth mentioning: you obviously can't lay on your stomach so that means you can't get the glorious back part of the massage.....unless......they have this! (or something like it) Luckily the spa I went to did and it was the most awkwardly terrific thing in the world, I still got to have all that good back action and got to lay on my stomach for the first time in months. Worth finding out if wherever you plan to go has one, trust me on this. 

4) Body pillow: Yea Yea I know whats the point of mentioning this one, when I am sure you've heard it all before...Pregnancy=body pillow! Haha but seriously it is something that you just need, just like that damned little boppy (another story for another day) Just stop being anti-mainstream and go buy a body pillow, you will be happy you did, and so will your sore and tired groin! ha! ps: If you're like me and you feel the need to literally nest, buy two!

5) Heating pad of some kind. My mom sews these awesome little rice bags that you microwave, and it was perfect for the days when work kicked my ass and I needed some TLC. 

6) This book. Read it and die laughing like I did. 

There you have it, my faves for the last leg of your pregnancy. If you haven't already checked out my "pre-pregnancy and first trimester faves," check them out, it's good stuff people! Next will be the post I am most looking forward to, which is the post-pregnancy faves. Lot's of good stuff to come with that one. 
Have a fantastic weekend! 
A. 












No comments:

Post a Comment